For over 20 years Datum Engineering has provided a sub-contract engineering service to local industry and along the way has amassed a wealth of experience while retaining a personalised service.
Datum caters for various sectors including Automotive, Medical and General Engineering.
Whether it's a one-off prototype or production run we will work with you and provide the expertise to manufacture your components in a cost effective manner.
Working in materials from Nylon through to Aluminium, Phosphor Bronze, Stainless Steel and Pre-Hardened Steel we can produce your components to the quality you demand.
We also provide Heat Treatment and other surface treatments including Zinc Plating, Chemical Blacking and Sherardizing though our local partners.
Datum has a skilled workforce utilising the latest CNC & conventional machinery to manufacture high precision components to customer specifications. These include the following:
- CNC Turning on Cincinnati, Samsung and DMC machines. Capacity - 10" and 8" chucking, maximum diameter 450mm x 500mm length.Bar feed on two machines to 2" diameter
- CNC Milling on Cincinnati and XYZ machines, Including 4th axis and 21 tool carousel. Capacity - 750 x 510 x 510 mm working area
- Turning Centre lathes and Capstan work
- Milling, Vertical, Horizontal and Universal
- Drilling, Pillar, Inline and Radial
Fabrication & Assemblies
Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium.